Rapid Response, Exceptional Emergency Care
Door-to-provider times average 30 minutes or less at the Blount Memorial emergency department.
In case of emergency, Blount Memorial is Blount County's choice for fast, expert emergency medical treatment. The average time it takes for emergency department patients to be seen by a health care provider is less than 30 minutes. And, since the department's multidisciplinary team is specially trained in emergency medicine and trauma support, patients can take comfort in knowing that the care delivered at Blount Memorial exceeds the highest standards.
Blount Memorial's 24/7 emergency department services include:
- A medical team led by board-certified physicians
- A "Fast Track" evaluation and treatment option for non-urgent conditions
- A nationally certified stroke program that helps patients return to normal function
- Nationally recognized heart attack treatment, including a first-contact-to-balloon time (time between first medical contact to when the blocked artery is opened and blood flow is restored) averaging less than 30 minutes
- Direct access and referrals to specialists within the Blount Memorial system